Follow Our Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life's Little Adventures

Sometimes one finds themselves in situations they really don't want to be in and have no control about changing that situation.

Hence, my story.

Let me just start by prefacing that I am not a brave soul. I'm a little guy who surrounds himself with bigger companions so that I don't have to be brave. Let Tink and Tucker take care of the dirty work is my motto. Sometimes that motto doesn't always work.

The other day started out like all others. Outside to potty, breakfast, wrestling, outside again to potty (all while following mom around. Tuck and I have learned to wrestle on her feet, then she cannot go far).

With the tinkling of my leash my world turned upside down. I was going for a ride in the car... by myself... without my Tink and Tuck... just me and the car and not an ounce of bravery to get me by.

Of course, I cried relentlessly while in the car and insisted on sitting on mom's lap while she drove. Either that or I was going to burrow under the car seats like I did last time. That almost caused a car wreck.

The ride took F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!! (Okay, about 20 minutes but mom said it felt like forever with all my whining going on).

Where did I end up?
Grandma's house!!!

Being the whiner that I am, I paced and paced and whined and cried (after I showered Grandma and Grandpa with my special doxie love and affection). I had finally settled down when I heard the tinkling of my leash again. They really expected me to get in the car again!

Everyone piled in the car (me, mom, out little girl, Grandma and Grandpa). They even insisted I sit in the backseat with Grandpa even though I tried to explain that I MUST sit on mom's lap in the front seat.

Once the car was parked my snooter smelled the most wonderful aromas wafting through the air. Was that really cow manure I smelled? Was this horrible car ride going to end in a nice roll through some lovely smelling mulch for me?

Nope. I was forced to stay on my leash as we perused the local flower, shrub and tree nursery. I was allowed to scuttle under all the plant displays sniffing where the resident raccoons and cats liked to roam. An hour and a half later and my poor little legs tired to the bone, we finally left... again in the car... to return to Grandma's house.

I am exhausted at this point - pretty oblivious to the whole ride back to our house. I don't think a single whimper, whine or cry passed my little lips. After returning home, I greeted Tucker and Tink, assuring them that I was safe and that I would fill them in on my terrifying adventure... after I woke up from a well deserved nap.

It's not easy being me.

11 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

I am glad you made it home safe and sound after that scary adventure. =)

Chef said...

Awwww. Were you quiet when you were riding home because you were tired or because your adventure made you brave??? I think you are very brave now.

Are you on Facebook? So am I! Email me at boxer.chef@yahoo.ca and tell me where I can find you. We can be Facebook friends too!

xoxoxoox
Chef

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey pals,
First of all, thank goodness no harm was done on your adventure. Sounds very tiring though.

Secondly thanks so much for the award. We are so naughty when it comes to awards and tags, hehe. We always forget to do them. We promise we'll try to remember. If we forget please dont get cranky with us hehe.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Suzuki said...

I'm glad you are safe! What a terrifying experience fur you.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

But woo did have LOTS of fun!?!

Tank woo fur sharing your BIG little adventure!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Or is that LITTLE big adventure?

Cowspotdog said...

Life is hard when you have little legs.....my little buddy franklin the corgi he must take 5 times the steps I do I do when we go for a walk...so I understand why you were so tired. But it was an adventure....and those can be pretty good

Brind'Amour Clumbers said...

I am glad you are safely home. What a day you had! Sleep my friend.....you deserve a nap to regroup.

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Martha said...

Thank goodness your are safe Oscar - we thought it might be the V-E-T that seems to be the only time we are seperated!
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Mack said...

You didn't get to roll in the cow poo??

Oh well, no V.E.T. and that is great news!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hi Oscar, That was a grreat story about your adventure. I know how scary the car can be. You were soooo brave. Glad it all turned out okay.

Chester said...

What a brave boy after such an out of pack experience. You done good!

Woofs and brave slobbers,
Chester