Follow Our Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hygiene, what's the big deal?

Did I just hear the word "BATH"?


I just had a bath about a week ago.
What's wrong with a little bit of greasy ear fur from the ranch salad dressing I got a hold of?


I think I smell yummy!
Between the dressing and the rabbit poo that I rolled on,
my fur is perfect and just how I like it!


Perhaps if I lay here I will blend into the couch and they won't find me.


A note from Mom:
Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of the tear stains besides using Angel Eyes? I have tried changing his diet, using filtered water, and then filtered water with apple cider vinegar. Can anyone offer up any solutions that are all natural and do not require pills? I do not like to use chemicals and obviously, Tucker's attempt with Ranch salad dressing didn't work either, although I think he had an ulterior motive.

Send me your suggestions.
Thanks!

15 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I don't see Tukhker -

Where did he go?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Sorry, don't know of anything but I'll keep my eyes open fur tips!

Martha said...

Poor Tucker - he doesnt need a bath - he smells just great!
love
Martha & Bailey xx
Sorry we cant suggest anything for tear stains.

Mr. Puggle® said...

hahahaha, what a funny post. i totally get the ranch gel.

Mack said...

We've seen different products advertised and wondered if they worked.
If we hear of anything au naturale we'll let ya know!

Mason Dixie said...

Mom says I need a bath too! My background is from the same place where you got yours from, I just looked around. =)

Kimberly said...

i love ranch!!!

from Bell

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Tell your mom to quit giving you all those very much yucky baths and you will quit crying. he he he

Dexter said...

I bet you smell funny now, huh?

Our little hound had tear stains and once the vet said they had yeasties or something in them. I am not sure what that means, but maybe your vet would know.

Slobbers,
Mango

Lexi said...

use distilled water, not just filtered. Distilled water has zero impurities in it. According to several vets i've worked for it's the only 100% way to not get tear stains.

Nibbles Treats said...

Distilled water! We haven't tried that yet. Yes, Mango. The dark stains are yeast. They can be caused by allergies to food, grass, cleaning solutions, etc. The possibilities are endless. Pekingese, Maltese, etc. are prone to getting the stains. The only product on the market is called Angel Eyes. I am trying to find an all natural solution instead and have come across a few things via the internet. We will try the distilled water now. Thanks Lexi, Qwill, Shiner and Trophy and their mom for the input. We really appreciate it.

Charlotte said...

Oh, the abuse of it all! Nothing worse than baffies! Moomy insists on baffin us too - just when we get all nice and stinky - or have natcho toes!!

((hugs)) your friends
Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

Astrid Keel said...

Oh no! My momster gave me a bath so I promptly rolled in some gunky dirt to make myself smell better!

I asked momster, and she has no advice on the tearies... although she thought that if they are related to environmental sensitivities/allergies, maybe a widdle bit of local honey could help build immunity, and in the long run, reduce the tearies. But she said to make sure that's ok with your vet first...!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Tucker - a little dirt never hurt anybody.

Joe Stains said...

I don't even see a dog in those photos?!?!?? ;)

Rufus and Indie said...

We love bath...all those bublles! (hehe!)