Follow Our Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Safety

Keeping us happy and safe is top priority in our house. Our family makes sure that we are always well-cared for. Occasionally, Taz the cat finds a q-tip and plays with it and then Tucker feels the need to shred it up but besides that, we are good. We wanted to remind everyone of some common household poisons to keep away from us. These common items that can be found in everyones homes are poison for dogs and cats. Most items are common sense but here are a few that might not be and need to be kept out of our reach:
  • Christmas tree water (trees are chemically treated so the water could contain fertilizers and bacteria)
  • Electrical cords
  • Ribbons and/or tinsel
  • Batteries
  • Glass ornaments
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Avocado (blech!)
  • Chocolate (all forms - but carob is a chocolate substitute that is okay for us to eat!)
  • Coffee (all forms)
  • Macadamia nuts
  • Onions, onion powder
  • Raisins and grapes (these can damage our kidneys!)
  • Salt
  • Yeast dough
  • Products sweetened with xylitol
  • Antifreeze
  • Liquid potpourri
  • Fabric softener sheets
  • Mothballs
  • Pantyhose
Have a great holiday season and remember to be safe!

Licks and Sniffs,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

No comments: